Friday, June 25, 2010

Nicollet Mall Farmers Market

When I first hatched the idea to start an artisan cheese business, one of my first visions was the three of us, Alex, Mari and I, sampling and selling our cheese at a farmers market.

Yesterday that vision became a reality, and it lived up to all of my wishes and expectations. We served many hundred samples and sold a bunch of cheese. Since my plans to secure a shade tent went south, we also got a bit of a sunburn.

With the girls at the stand, I was able to stroll around a bit. Almost twenty years ago, I worked downtown, literally a stone's throw from our location. It felt odd to think about my path from there to here, but my overwhelming emotion was gratitude. I'm doing something I love with help from my two favorite people.

We grabbed dinner before heading back to Mankato. What a great feeling to just sit and share memories after a hard day's work. Thanks, daughters; you made your old man proud.

No comments: